to strengthen and promote economic success in our community
The Granbury Chamber of Commerce has served the businesses of Hood County since 1952, living out its mission of strengthening the economic success in the community. The Chamber exists as a driving force in partnership with the County, City, school districts, community organizations and, of course, the local businesses that make up the rich economy and thriving regional commerce.
Top 10 Reasons to Join the Chamber
1. Networking: Each year, the Chamber hosts more than 50 events of various sizes, from its Annual Awards Gala to the Young Professionals and Women In Business programs.
Networking opportunities include:
• Business Development Workshops
• Women In Business – and the new WIB Summit
• Young Professionals (YP) – GYP Summit and Get On Board
• Best of Business Awards
• Coffee & Connections
• Golf Tournament
• 4th of July Celebration
2. Visibility: Members can have a ribbon-cutting event or host networking events. We also share some of your social media postings and frequently recognize members in print and digital publications.
3. Exclusivity: Only Chamber members are listed in our annual print and online directories. When people call the Chamber asking for a referral, we direct them only to Chamber members.
4. Marketing: Members can exclusively post their job openings or special offers on our website at no cost, and send an eblast to our extensive member database for a nominal fee. Members will also have the opportunity to advertise and promote their businesses on the chamber’s newly updated website.
5. Prestige: A national study by the Schapiro Group found that when customers know a small business is a member of the local chamber, they are 49% more likely to think favorably of it and 80% more likely to purchase goods or services from it.
6. Advocacy: We regularly engage with local, state and federal elected officials regarding policy decisions that can affect our community, and our Candidate Forums provide members the opportunity to learn more about people running for office.
Advocacy areas include:
• Candidate Forums
• Leadership Council
• Intergovernmental Coalition Meetings
• Leaders in Government Luncheons
7. Community Support: As a Chamber member, you’ll be a part of our efforts to support a well-designed municipal growth plan that enables everyone to prosper.
8. Professional Development: The Chamber offers resources to assist your business at every phase from start-up to expansion through seminars, webinars, online programming, SBDC, SCORE and other agencies.
9. Return on Investment No. 1: Our base-level membership costs less than a dollar a day. Even if it helps you secure only one-long term customer, your membership will have paid for itself many times over.
10. Return on Investment No. 2: In addition to the many events we organize, the Chamber is actively working behind the scenes to support businesses, our schools and our community. So, there is real value in your membership —even if you never attend a single Chamber event.